Wherever you are located – the office, at work, your home, traveling – take a moment today and look in the mirror and make eye contact with the person you see. This is the person who others see when they look at you.
Who do they see?
They see the person you let them see. Is this the person you want them to see?
Who are you really?
Is it time to open up a bit – at least a little crack – let some of the real you enter into the interaction you have everyday with people? Sure your inner voice is loud enough for me to hear. “Are you *****ng nuts!” “Mitch, seriously I cannot ever, never let my guard down. At work I wear a shield of armor. Always have and always will.”
Okay sure and dinosaurs once roamed the earth my friend.
Let’s make this conversational.
As you read through add your thoughts and action steps you will take in the comments section for this article. State a date when you will take the action step too.
The following are ideas to get you thinking about action steps you might take. If you like any of those listed – take one of these and make it a goal.
What are you going to do?
When will you do it?
Who will you do it with?
Where will you?
Why are you?
Add accountability if you are serious by letting others know these items.
Workplace in a company setting
- Bring in some food or snacks for your group.
- Treat a few people to their favorite afternoon Starbucks.
- Stop by and have a conversation with one or two people each day about their family or their previous or next vacation.
Workplace with in person customers
- Go out of your way to engage with each customer as permitted – with a welcome, a thank you for being here and other greetings as appropriate.
- Smile all day everyday for at least one week.
- Ask at least three people who work in the organization if they have any ideas or thoughts on anything they would change and why?
Every single person is rushing around always and all over the place. What if you intentionally slowed down for one day?
- Hold a door open for someone.
- Don’t press the ‘close the door’ button on the elevator – instead hold it open for others.
- At home take a moment to greet and say good bye to each other. Can you say – “I Love You?” – Try It!
- What if you took another five seconds and gave a hug. Yes a H U G!
Okay these are a few ideas to get you thinking. Go to the comments section for this article and make your statement.
Remember to look in the mirror first.
Mitch Tublin is the CEO and Founder of Wenkroy International LLC a boutique consulting company with a main focus on Strategic Business Consulting, Training and Business Coaching. Our passion is to take people to the next level in their life and in their business.