In case you were hiding and hoping no one would remind you, the fourth quarter has started. Yes, we are all in the first week of the fourth quarter. Do you recall way back in December of last year or January of this year? You made plans – set goals – created lists.
How are you doing now?
Let’s not get all caught up in the answer and discussing a variety of reasons why not so great. Some say these are also known as excuses.
Instead let’s look at what we are able to do right now to end the year on a strong and positive note. Make sense?
For A Service Based Business
- Reach out to every former client and check in with them. Create a special reason why they may want to meet with you and work with you again. If not, how about three referrals?
- Make certain to connect personally with every single current client. See how they are doing. What do they think of the work you are providing them with. Will they refer three people to you?
- Are you able to participate in or create your own event or open house at some point in the next four to six weeks?
Each of these three ideas will provide momentum for your business in this fourth quarter on their own. If you are able to conduct all three of these at the same time – even better!
For A Retail Or Sales Of Product(s) Business
- Have you been collecting email addresses of your patrons and customers? What do you offer a browser to entice them to provide their email address? A weekly or monthly drawing for a gift of some value?
- Prepare to email out and provide print copies, as well, promotions during the next months – October, November and December.
- Conduct an inventory check up. What is laying around which either has not been selling or you stopped promoting? Are you able to package up some of these items with other items which are more popular right now and create gift baskets or prizes for your contests as discussed earlier? Look at this inventory as money sitting on the shelf and not in the bank account.
Certainly every business is unique. Take a look at these ideas again and see where you might find a way to work through each concept to suit your specific business.
Create the momentum you need for the fourth quarter.
Mitch Tublin is an advanced, certified executive coach, trainer and speaker based in Stamford, CT. Would you like Mitch to work with you and your business to create fourth quarter momentum? Contact Mitch Here.